The guidance office is a comfortable and welcoming environment for students and families—a place where you can obtain information and support. The secondary school guidance department serves the school community in a variety of ways:
- Supports students in academic planning and course selection
- Helps students seek out special pathways programs in secondary school that support their learning styles, interests and needs
- Helps individual students to envision a plan for post-secondary and target some short- and long-term goals
- Provides information about all post-secondary and career pathways
- Supports students in establishing effective study habits and exam preparation
- Coaches in career/life planning, including college and university scholarship application process
- Supports students with life skills like decision-making, problem-solving, conflict resolution, stress and time management and relationship awareness
- Provides personal support and referrals to community resources
Explore our Guidance Department with the links on the left.
Who are We?
Mrs. Cryer - Guidance Secretary
|A - C ||Mr. T. Wilson||40896|
|D - K||Mr. Oxley||40897 |
|L - Q||Ms. Garrett||40895|
|R - Z||Ms. McIntyre||40898|
Making a Guidance Appointment
The Guidance Office is open from 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Counsellors are assigned alphabetically, and appointments may be arranged in the guidance office. Parents are welcome to make inquiries. Guidance Phone: (705) 728-1321 ext. 40894.
As a high school student, there are numerous decisions you will be making as you move toward graduation.
Some of these decisions will impact your future and you may not always
find it easy to come to a final decision. Your Guidance Counsellor can
help you look at the various options that are open to you, so that you
are more likely to make a decision that is best for you. Career and course advice is just one of the areas your Counsellor can assist you with. If something is bothering you, it’s probably a good idea to talk with your Guidance Counsellor.
2017-2018 Bursary and Scholarship Information
2017-2018 Database of Scholarships and Bursaries
After Eastview 2017-18 Booklet
College Assembly 2017 Presentation
Scholarship Tips 2017
Planning for University 2018 (Powerpoint Presentation 2018)