Wednesday, September 16, 2020
• Under the direction of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, students are now permitted to leave their classrooms for lunch
• You will have three options: you may go outside, you may leave school property or remain in the school and eat in your classroom as usual
• Halls are still out of bounds except for return to your classes or for washroom use – no laps in the halls during lunch
• Exit times have been staggered to reduce traffic in the halls. Teachers have schedules of exit times. Students are expected to return at the time specified by their teacher – this may not be the same time as other students in your friend group
• To help with traffic flow, the following doors will be open during the lunch time: Main Doors, Portable Doors and Exit 2 (bus entry near picnic tables). Before and after lunch, they will remain locked with the only entrance to the school being the back doors by the portables.
• A reminder that during lunch you should continue practicing physical distancing, wear your masks and wash your hands often.
• Because study hall is counted in the instructional hours of a course, students should not be missing it without parent permission.
• A form has been sent to all parents and guardians via School Cash Online. This form will allow parents to give permission for students to leave school property during study hall.
• If you are not signed up for School Cash Online, or do not have access to the internet, you can stop by the main office to pick up a paper copy of the form for signature and return to the school.
• Beginning on Friday, students will not be allowed to leave study hall without signed permission from a parent or guardian.
• If you have permission to leave during study hall, the same rules apply and you must leave your class, exit the school and leave school property immediately after dismissal.